4.13.2009

The Art of Rolling Register Rewards at Walgreens

I will be the first to admit that I'm no pro at this money-saving stuff, although I like to think I'm doing pretty good! It wasn't until very recently that I learned how much you can save by rolling the Register Rewards you receive from Walgreens. I used to use my Register Rewards on my next purchase to get my total out-of-pocket amount down. There's nothing wrong with this, but oftentimes I wasn't purchasing anything else that resulted in a Register Reward. So I wasn't utilizing my Rewards in the most efficient way.

That probably makes no sense so here's an example using some of this week's Register Reward deals.

Transaction #1
1 Scunci Elastics - $2
1 small filler item for $.30 - $.50
- $2 Chapstick Register Reward
= $.30 and get a $2 Register Reward

Transaction #2
1 Chapstick $1.99
1 small filler item for $.30 - $.50
- $2 Scunci RR
= $.29 and get a $2 RR from Chapstick

Repeat as many times as you want to get lots of Chapstick and Scunci Elastics for just the cost of the filler item. I always add cheap filler items if the total out-of-pocket after Register Rewards/coupons will be $0 or a negative amount. I just feel it's best not to make any waves ;-)You can also do this with the Skintimate/Edge Shaving Gel and Colgate Toothbrush Register Rewards!

I hope this makes sense but please let me know if you have any questions =)

No comments:

Post a Comment