6.24.2009

Discount Grocery Stores!

Photobucket

I made a challenge for myself last week that I wouldn't do another big grocery trip for the rest of the month. I really want to work with what's in our freezer and pantry, and of course save money! In order to do this I did need to go out yesterday to stock up on some of the staples like bread, milk, eggs, and butter. I scoped out sales ads at our local grocery stores and didn't see any spectacular sales on the items I needed, so I figured I would try our local discount grocery store, Price Rite.

Verdict: I can't believe it has taken me so long to make my way over there! I was able to get everything I needed for a fraction of what I would have paid at stores such as Giant or Genuardi's. Here are a few prices that I happened to jot down:

  • Bread - $.79
  • Thin Pretzels - $1.19
  • Apple Juice - $1.29
  • Orange Juice - $1.99
  • Luigi Water Ice - $.99
  • Extra Large Eggs - $.99
  • Ketchup - $1.15
  • Butter $.75
  • Bounty Paper Towels, 8 pack - $5.99

There are a few differences between Price Rite and a grocery store such as Acme or Giant. For one, they don't accept coupons. Their prices are low enough without them. Also, there are no weekly circulars or sales on items. Lastly, to keep their costs down, they encourage shoppers to bring their own bags. If you forget or don't have any available, they charge $.10/bag.

If you've never been to a discount grocery store, I'd recommend checking one out! To see if you have any Price Rites in your area, click here =)

No comments:

Post a Comment